Pages

Sunday 13 March 2011

Babies & A Sketch

This week at I ♥ Promarkers the theme is babies. Have had this image for ages from Charmed Cards & Crafts. Got a little frustrated trying to colour her hair so ended up paper piecing it and used promarkers to add the shading. The babies blanket is also paper pieced again shading with promarkers.

Followed another great sketch from Friday Sketchers and used papers from Paper Cellar. Machine stitched all the layers and decided to add some beads which I have seen the fabulous Alison do many times on her cards. My only problem was I couldn't find a needle slim enough to thread the beads so had to keep taking off the needle adding the bead and then re threading the needle so only did one corner! Added some hand made flowers and some glittered Marianne dies :)

Hope everyone has had a fab weekend and ready to start a new week :)

6 comments:

WeirdCat said...

What a fabulous image, very sensual, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Tine said...

Hi Suzilou. Love your floral embellies which go so well with your image. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

xxxtglxxx said...

wow suzulou - beading! I am so impressed. Email me hun and I will post you out a beading needle - it takes all the work out of it lol. ;)

and.... what a fabulous idea - paper-piecing her hair! :)

I struggle with hair quite a lot - well anything other than blonde and I think I will have to give this idea a go :)

I have never seen this image before either - very tender, and you have really made such a sweet card with the delicate swirls, and pretty paper.

Great flowers too - I must look for a tutorial on those - they look brill

Have a great weekend,

hugs

xxalisonxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so adorable, love the beautiful image.
luv
Debby

My name is Wynneth said...

A most unusual image, which I love, and your card has a very modern but timeless quality to it. Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Suzilou :)

Glad you are enjoying your gaming time. My husband is sorting my pc out (this is lappy) and I intend to spend a little time gaming next week.

You asked about the flower - its a simple cuttlebug die - I bought off ebay for about £3.
Those flowers were just 2 layers, but they go quite well with card candy.

hugs

xxalisonxx