Pages

Sunday 7 August 2011

Less is More - Colours of your nations flag

Well this week at Less is More, Chrissie and Mandi have come up with a fantastic challenge to make a card using the colours of your flag. I was going to stick with the English red and white but decided to add a bit of blue in there as well.
I did start making a card using a teabag folded flower made out of red vellum and also made a windmill with red vellum but couldn't decide how to use them in a card, so after watching Barbara Gray this morning on Create & Craft I decided to get her fabulous balloon stamps out.


Used the largest of the 3 stamps and coloured it with copics, should have really used a blue ink to stamp with but unfortunatley I dont have one that I can then use my copics with so afraid had to stamp in black. Mounted the image on to some red card and stamped the message straight on the card in blue.



Hope everyone is having a fab weekend, we have just had a great thunder storm here, typically I had just wartered the garden tsk :)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love the sky - watched Barbara doing that this morning! xx

Maribel said...

how beautiful, I love

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I love balloons so your card naturally leapt out at me from the gallery! Great card.

Suze Bain said...

I've spent most of today watching Barbara Gray too! Your sky is fab and I love the image mounted onto the red. A great CAS card. xx

Pauline said...

This is lovely, that balloon is fabulous.

Maja said...

Gorgeous balloon.

Taru Jehkonen said...

Nice lovely card!

Carol Wilde said...

The ballon ist great ! Lovely card !

Carol W

Mandi said...

I watched Barbara too Suzi, but that's as far as I got....watching lol
You;v created a fantastic sky
FAB card
Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

TAM said...

Fabulous card

Jenny said...

Just fabulous Suzi, the striped balloon is so vibrant and the inked sky is brilliant. I love watching Barbara craft too, could never replicate what she does tho!
Jenny x

Chrissie said...

Lovely inking for the sky Suzi and a great image too!
Thanks so much for a great card.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Zoechaos said...

Super card XOXO Zoe

Amanda said...

Nearly went with same image after watching C&C but changed my mind you have done it really nicely great card x

Hettie said...

Lovely balloon there. Well done. Know what you mean about the rain after the watering.

Diane said...

Gorgoeus card...and perfect for the challenge...always love coming to your blog and seeing your lovely "molly's" picture, too :>)

Victoria said...

Fab card Suzi. Love the bold balloon image against the subtle sky!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card with a beautiful balloon!!

xxxtglxxx said...

I really like these Balloon stamps Suzilou :)

Really simple, but such a strong image and suitable for so many things. I havent seen this sky technique done, I will have to check if anything on YT? :) It looks amazing!

have a great week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Aileen said...

Love the sky for your balloon. x

Kathyk said...

Super duper card, would love to also see your windmill and tea bag folding .....

Kathy

Karin said...

Love your card! Really pretty sky with hotairballoon!

love,
karin

Sasha said...

Fab card! Lovely image and a great card for anyone!

Susan said...

That hot air balloon is fabulous! Great card!!