Pages

Saturday 13 August 2011

One Layer - Use Ink

Oh boy was this card a challenge!! Chrissie & Mandi at Less is More have really done it this week with a one layer card using ink. I have never done anything like this before and there are ALOT of bits of paper & card in the bin.
I decided to use the acrylic block technique using a big and juicy ink pad, foliage. I practiced this a lot, my first hurdle was finding something to use as a spritzer. Ended up using a tester perfume bottle, cleaned out of course but my craft room still smells of perfume lol. It then took many attempts on different cards and papers to get this to work. Not enough water and the ink doesnt spread, to much water and it drips or splodges when you lift the block and then you need to make sure your fingers are clean, got a great finger print on one that I thought this is going to be it!!

The stamp is a new one that arrived this morning from create & craft called split tree from Barbara Gray for her next lesson which will be on in September (managed to miss her first one and even had stamps at the ready tsk). This set also came with 5 different leaves to dress the tree but decided I didn't want to mess this one up. This card still isn't perfect but for a new technique i'm fairly pleased with it. Thank you Chrissie & Mandi for pushing my boundaries yet again :)

39 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is brilliant Suzilou!
I just love how LIMettes pick up the gauntlet and produce the most amazing cards for challenges which on first glance they think they might just not bother to enter!
Thanks so much.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

This is so stunning, love the split tree. Your inking is perfect even if it did take ages it was worth it.

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS!! Saw these stamps on C&C and they're on my wishlist. You can watch the first lesson on the C&C website. xx

Mandi said...

Fantastic card Suzi
Perfect!
Love your choice of colours
Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Viv said...

Really nice card and the stamp is gorgeous!

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card - love the coloured block
Beryl x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous! The tree stamp is wonderful and I love the technique you have used.

Craftyrose said...

Oh aren't you a clever girl?!! I love this, it's so different. I wish I could do these kind of less is more cards, but I can't!!!

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous card Suzi, fabulous colours and the split tree image is just perfect. Well done for persevering with this inking technique !
hugs
wynneth
x

Lynne said...

Fabulous Suzi. I tried that effect and failed miserably, your is fantastic. I love your tree too.
Lynne xxx

Kathyk said...

Brilliant and well worth the effort with the technique too

KAthyk

TAM said...

Fabulous card - love the image

Jess S said...

lovely!

Michelle said...

This is beautiful, Suzi! No-one would know you were new to this technique, well done. :-)
Michelle.

Sue said...

Ooooohhhh I just love that tree. Great card, great image.

Suze Bain said...

This is fab, love the colours in your inky background and and the tree is great! xx

Carla said...

this is great, love the tree

Jane said...

Great inking, lovely stamp.

sheila said...

I think your card looks great! I like the colors you have chosen and your split tree image is perfect....thank you for visiting my blog!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SAw this stamp on a recording today, you have done a beautiful card with it, love the colours too.

Sandra said...

Fab card. wasn't sure of that stamp when I saw it on C&C, but it looks great!
Sandra

Jenni's Jems said...

Love the card and the technique that you used- now where is my old perfume sprays..x

Maria said...

It looks pretty perfect to me! It's gorgeous! Maria x

Maja said...

Stunning card. Love the background and the tree is fabulous.

Sasha said...

Fabulous!! I love the sunset background and those Clarity tree stamps are gorgeous!

Carol Wilde said...

WOW - great card !

Carol W

G Peplow said...

Hi There, I think it turned out brilliantly, the coloured square is perfect and the stamp fits so well, it even smells nice LOL Gay xxx

Zoechaos said...

Background works wonderfully terrific card. XOXO Zoe

Aileen said...

It sure looks perfect to me! Love the colours and the fab tree in front. x

Susan said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful!! The tree is perfect without leaves!

Karen said...

Very fall looking ~ I like your new stamp! -Karen

nnalorac said...

Well worth all the attempts, it's stunning, love the tree image too. Carolxx

Andrea Estensen said...

Very pretty- love the colours.

Lynn said...

Fabulous stamp, and I love your creation. Lynn x

Ruth M said...

Absolutely stunning - very dramatic, the black against the background colours you chose! Good for you for persevering, well worth it when the results are fab like this!

Viv said...

Such a super card Suzi, can't believe you struggled.... this looks like you are a natural to me :O) Viv xx

xxxtglxxx said...

I really like this Suzilou :)

Lovely inky colours and a great tree stamps (love it!)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Sally H said...

A stunning card! I love the stamp and your background is brilliant

Sandy said...

It's a gorgeous card, lovely colours
Sandy